Friday, January 6, 2012

The Homeless Man


Every day when I take the kids to school we walk by a homeless man sitting in his wheelchair holding out a paper cup. I never give him money. I don't have any to spare.

Yesterday I spontaneously stopped and said, "I'm sorry, I walk by you every day and I never give you money. I wish I could, but I was barely able to pay my rent this month."

He said "Oh NO your family comes first! What's your name, I'm Walter."

So I shook his glove-covered hand and introduced myself.

"Cori," he said, "someday I hope to be in a position to help you. Yeah, I'd like to help you. Have a wonderful day."

And I did. 
So he did.

3 comments:

  1. Great story! Awesome of you to take the time to talk to him! Wish I could help both of you. [hugs]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog Jo. I'm worried because I've not seen him since.

      Delete
  2. Angels are only seen when they are meant to be. Reread your own story, look deeper into it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments on my posts! Yours will be approved within a couple of hours. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my words.