• Woke up with ants crawling on meThere's more, but I can't write it here. Trust me. It sucks.
• Was told that my health insurance premium would be twice as much as listed because of "preexisting conditions"
• Had a toilet clogged for four days to the extent that bowls were used for ... you get the picture
• Paid PGE to the wrong account number and had my electricity turned off
• Been told that my income and savings does not make for a strong rental applicant in the area I'd like to live (my son's school zone)
• Bumped a car while parking. The driver was in the car and asked immediately if I had insurance. When I protested there were suddenly 10 people in the street yelling at me. The word "bitch" was thrown around. I gave them my info and "ran"
• Discovered my purple bike was stolen from the backyard
• Was lied to by a close friend.
So I'm feeling a bit like a punching bag. Waiting for the next blow. Bam bam bam.
Parenting, which is difficult in the best of circumstances, is extra challenging when the world seems to be crumbling. My children are wonderful. But they are kids going through a major life transition (living in two homes) and expressing their frustration in startling ways that, should probably, be expected. Sometimes they are hurtful. As much as I know they don't mean what they say, it still manages to beat me down and wear me out.
I've been trying to figure out where my bad luck - bad karma - is coming from. What did I do? Who did I hurt? What am I paying for? Have you read the book of Job lately? Sometimes there just isn't any rhyme or reason. It just IS what it IS.