Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Who's Confused?

I'm angry.
Pissed.

All my life I've had male friends. PLATONIC male friends. But now, I've been told, that these guys are, in fact, out to jump my bones. Furthermore, I am "confusing [my] children" by having single PLATONIC males as friends.

On the other hand, the father of my children insists he is "exemplifying the importance of the family unit" by having group sleepovers with his girlfriend and her son. Yes, the two adults sleep in the same bed. Yes there is, what my daughter calls, "kissy kissy" between them. And this is a good example for my children. Right? RIGHT?

Honestly - I don't think either is bad. I believe that it's important the kids see us friendly with all types of people. Young, old, rich, poor, black, white, abled, disabled, gay, straight, divorced, single, widowed, female or MALE. They should see that men and women can be friends OUTSIDE the bedroom (*kissy kissy*). My gosh, my son's best friend is a little girl. I hope they are friends forever.

I'm not in a "kissy kissy" relationship right now - at least not one that I care to share with my children. The guys we hang out with were there BEFORE the end of my marriage. LONG before. They were ALREADY enmeshed in the lives of my kids. NOT seeing them would be weird. For all of us.

It baffles me that people don't understand this.
It pisses me off.

But I said that already.

2 comments:

  1. Cori, peopole are always willing to offer advice on what they think is best. The problem is that they are rarely qualified to do so. Now, I am anything but an expert, but I do have the right (counseling background) to say this: You are a loving parent who always puts the welfare of your children first. You are also open to new ideas and thoughts. What works for you and the kids resonates within you and if there was anything that didn't feel quite right, you'd know about it instantly. Keep what you're doing and don't fret about the backseat parenting "experts."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cori you are a very attractive woman and I will use all my self-restraint not to 'jump your bones' as the kids say...

    Yours Sincerely,

    John

    [This is a very silly comment on many levels.]

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments on my posts! Yours will be approved within a couple of hours. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my words.