Monday, June 1, 2020

A Sunny Day in 2004

I paid for my coffee and went outside to sit at a table.
Suddenly, confronted by the shop owner:
"HEY you paid with a fake bill! You can't use this!"
Wait. What?

He came over to the table and angrily put the bill down in front of me, pointing,
"See here. And here!"
Oh. Yes. I do see. I had no idea that I had such a bill in my possession - it must have come from another transaction. Can you take my card? Can I write a check?
Shaking his head, mumbling, "Can you believe this? A pretty good forgery!"
To me: "Don't worry about it."
Laughing to himself, walking inside: "I'll take this over to the bank later."

Fin.

RIP George Floyd


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments on my posts! Yours will be approved within a couple of hours. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my words.